Twenty-two nurses, including eleven who support Winship Cancer Institute patients, have been selected as the winners of this year’s Emory Healthcare Nursing Excellence Awards. The award recipients were announced by the Emory Healthcare Nursing Recruitment and Retention Council during National Nurses Week, May 6-12.
Honorees were nominated by their peers in eleven categories that recognize their outstanding contributions to nursing practice, leadership, collaboration, and service.
The 2020 Nursing Excellence Award winners include the following Winship team members:
- Transformational Clinical Leadership Award: Jesus Belonio, Jr.
- Structural Empowerment Award: Debra Rigg
- Clinical Excellence in Practice Award: Daniel Worthey
- New Knowledge, Innovation & Improvements: Marva Ollivierre
- Team Spirit Award (Individual Award): Angela Brooks
- Preceptor of the Year: Keisha Sandy
- Outstanding Patient Advocate Award: Risa Engel
- Rookie of the Year (new graduate or new to specialty): Rosemary Kirby
- Support Person of the Year (LPN): Precious Smallwood
- Support Person of the Year (MA): Tiara Smith
- Unit Director/Senior Manager/Nurse Manager Excellence Award: Brittany Szabo