Titles and Roles
- Assistant Professor, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Medical Oncologist
- Lung Cancer
Fatemeh Ardeshir, MD, MSc, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology at Emory University School of Medicine. A medical oncologist, Dr. Ardeshir`s primary clinical focus is thoracic oncology including lung cancer, mesothelioma, and thymic tumors.
Dr. Ardeshir holds professional memberships with American Society of Clinical Oncology, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, American Association for Cancer Research, Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer and International Thymic Malignancy Interest Group.
Dr. Ardeshir received her MD from Tehran University of Medical Sciences. She completed her residency in internal medicine at Case Western Reserve University. She completed her fellowship in hematology/oncology and earned a Master of Science in Clinical Research at Indiana University.
Dr. Ardeshir`s scholarly and research activities are on new target discovery and defining an immune resistance mechanism in lung cancer. She also has clinical and research interests in thymic epithelial tumors.
Dr. Ardeshir has been published in several leading journals including Clinical Lung Cancer, JCO-Precision Oncology and Lung Cancer Journal.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Ardeshir is the recipient of the following awards and honors:
- Americal Philosophical Society grant award to investigate the mechanism of resistance in small cell lung cancer, 2023
- ASCO Merit Award, 2021
- Career Development Alumni Award, Indiana University, 2021
- ASCO Mentoring Reviewing Program, 2020
- Medicine Department Research Award, Case Western Reserve University, 2019