Titles and Roles
- Professor, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Director, Immunohistochemistry & Image Cytometry
- Emory University Hospital
- Research Program
- Cancer Cell Biology
As the Director of Immunohistochemistry & Image Cytometry, Dr. Cohen's clinical focus is on General Surgical Pathology with specialization in immunohistochemical assessment and quantitation of diagnostic, prognostic, and predictive markers in tumors. She is board certified in pathology and dermatopathology.
Dr. Cohen received her MD and completed her residency at the University of Witwatersrand Medical School in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Dr. Cohen's awards and honors include:
- Medical Student Research Day: Williams DJ, Cohen C, To TV, Lawson D, Sussman ZM, Nassar A. Triple negative breast carcinoma in women from Vietnam and the United States: characterization of differential marker expression by tissue microarray, platform presentation, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, January 30, 2008., 2008
- Stowell-Orbison Autopsy and Surgical Pathology Awards Competition. Yaar R, Page A, Hestley A, Delman K, Carlson GW, Cohen C. Clinical significance of morphometric measurements of melanoma metastatic to single sentinel lymph nodes. 97th Annual Meeting of United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Denver, Colorado, March, 1-7, 2008., 2008
- Excellence in Urological Pathology Resident Research Award, 94th Annual Meeting of the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, International Society of Urological Pathology, San Antonio, TX, 2005
- The International Society of Urologic Pathology (ISUP) Consensus Conference on Gleason Grading, San Antonio, Texas, 2005
- Internal Advisor, Prostate Cancer Research Program, Director: Leland WK Chung, Ph.D., Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, Georgia, 2003 to present
- Excellence in Urological Pathology Resident Research Award, 91st Annual Meeting of the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology. International Society of Urological Pathology, Chicago, Illinois, 2002
- Certificate of Merit, Stowell-Orbison Award Competition for Pathologists- in training, 89th Annual Meeting of the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2000
- Golden Apple Award for Resident Education. Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Atlanta, Georgia, 1997-1998
- Young Investigator Award, 12th Annual Clinical Application of Cytometry Meeting, Charleston, South Carolina, 1997
- Winner of ASCP/CAP Anatomic Pathology Residency Award, American Society of Clinical Pathologists/College of American Pathologists, Washington, District of Columbia, 1994
- Commendation Stowell Orbison Award for Excellence in Research, 83rd Annual Meeting of The United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, San Francisco, California, 1994
- Stowell Orbison Award for Excellence in Research, 83rd Annual Meeting of The United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, San Francisco, California, 1994
- Resident Clinical Award, Society of Head and Neck Surgeons and the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC), Paris, France, 1994
Dr. Cohen's current research interests involve the study of expression of diagnostic, prognostic , and therapeutic predictive markers. This includes the use of rabbit monoclonal antibodies in breast carcinoma, in situ hybridization for cytomegalovirus, EBV-encoded RNA, and immunoglobulin light chain restriction, a panel of tumor markers in triple negative breast carcinoma, and EGFRvIII in glioblastoma multiforme.