Titles and Roles
- Assistant Professor, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Medical Director, Infusion Services
- Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
Board certified in hematology and medical oncology, Jonathon B. Cohen, MD, MS, treats Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma patients and is a member of the physician staff at the Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant Center at Winship.
Dr. Cohen has been recognized as a promising young investigator as evidenced by his selection to participate in the ASCO/AACR Methods in Clinical Cancer Research workshop, American Society of Hematology Clinical Research Training Institute, and the Lymphoma Research Foundation Clinical Research Mentorship Program.
Dr. Cohen earned his undergraduate degree at Emory University and received his medical degree at the University of Florida College of Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine and fellowship in hematology and medical oncology at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. During his fellowship, he also completed a master's degree in medical science, gathering additional training in the conduct of clinical and translational research.
Dr. Cohen's research focus includes the clinical investigation of lymphoma, where he aims to identify prognostic markers and designs clinical trials with novel agents for patients with relapsed disease.
Below is a listing of current federal grants for the above principal investigator.
GrantNumber Title test test
Dr. Cohen has been published in a number of journals and publications including Bone Marrow Transplant, Oncology, Cancer and Case Reports in Hematology.
Publications Publication Date Test Test
Dr. Cohen is the recipient of the following awards and honors:
- Clara Bloomfield Award for Outstanding Research in Hematology/Oncology, 2010
- Excellence in Research in Hematology/Oncology Award for Hematology/Oncology Fellows, 2012
- ASH Abstract Achievement Award, 2012
- James V. Warren Award for most outstanding research as a fellow for the department of internal medicine, The Ohio State University, 2013
- Pan Pacific Lymphoma Conference Travel Award, 2014