Titles and Roles
- Assistant Professor, Department of Neurosurgery
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Brain and Spine Tumors
Christopher P. Deibert, MD, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurosurgery at Emory University School of Medicine. A board certified neurosurgeon Dr. Deibert specializes in the treatment of malignant and benign brain tumors, high and low-grade glioma, metastatic brain cancer, trigeminal neuralgia, hemifacial spasm, traumatic brain injury, acoustic neuroma, carpal tunnel, normal pressure hydrocephalus, chiari malformation, idiopathic intracranial hypertension, spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease.
Dr. Deibert is a member of American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Neurosurgeons, International Stereotactic and Radiosurgery Society and National Brain Tumor Society.
Dr. Deibert earned his MD from University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He then completed a neurosurgical residency at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Dr. Deibert's research interests focus on neurocognitive outcomes in patients with brain tumors, functional applications of radiosurgery and clinical applications of fiber tractography/diffusion-tensor imaging.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Deibert's honors and awards include the following:
- AANS Ronald L Bittner Award for Top Neuro-Oncology Abstract, 2016
- Arnold P Gold Humanism in Medicine Honor Society, 2009
- American College of Rheumatology REF/Abbot Fellowship, 2007
- University of Florida Outstanding Teaching Assistant, 2004
- Goucher College Ashlee DeSanctis Award for Leadership, 2003
- National Football Hall of Fame Scholar Athlete, Schuylkill County Chapter, 1999