Known for her passion for nursing leadership, education, research and advancement, Dr. Gullatte is a published author, former president of the Oncology Nurses Society and demonstrated nursing leader and international oncology nursing consultant.
Titles and Roles
- Corporate Director of Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice
- Emory Healthcare
- Adjunct Associate, Department of Nursing
- Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
Mary M. Gullatte, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, AOCN, LSSYB, FAAN, is the Corporate Director of Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice for Emory Healthcare and the former Vice President of Patient Services and Chief Nursing Officer at Emory University Hospital Midtown. She holds an adjunct faculty position at the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing at Emory University.
Dr. Gullatte holds professional memberships in Oncology Nursing Society, American Nurses Association, Georgia Nurses Association, and Sigma Theta Tau. In 2010, she was inducted into the American Academy of Nursing and was elected to the Academy Board of Directors in 2018.
Dr. Gullatte earned her Baccalaureate of Nursing degree from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1978, and her Master of Nursing degree from Emory University School of Nursing in 1981, in the specialty of Adult Health with a clinical specialty in oncology. In 1995, she completed a Post Masters Adult Nurse Practitioner program at Emory. In 2008, she graduated with a PhD in cancer nursing research from the University of Utah, College of Nursing.
Dr. Gullatte has contributed to numerous publications including as editor of Nursing Management: Principles and Practice which was selected as the AJN Book of the Year for 2005 in the leadership and management category, 2nd Edition published in 2011. She is also editor of the Chemotherapy Handbook, now in its 4th edition (2020). Her 21st Century Nursing Leadership book was published in 2018.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Gullatte is the recipient of the following awards and honors:
- Distinguished Nurse of the Year, Atlanta Chapter March of Dimes, 2020
- Nursing Trailblazer Award in the Health Profession-Atlanta Black Nurses Association, 2018
- 21st Century Nursing Leadership. American Journal of Nursing book of the Year, 2018
- 2nd place in the Leadership and Management category, 2018.
- 21st Century Nursing Leadership. Association Excellence, Bronze Book Award
- Nurse of the Year Atlanta Chapter March of Dimes for Nurse Administration, November, 2013
- Pinnacle Award for consistent contributions to community service, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., 2011Apex® Award for Publication- Chemotherapy Handbook, 2008
- Chi Eta Phi Nursing Sorority, Nursing Achievement Award, 2007
- Georgia Nurses Association: Nurse of the Year, 2004
- ONS Patient and Public Education Award, 2003
- ONS Linda Arenth Oncology Nursing Manager of the Year award, 2000
- Leadership Award for Girl Scouts of America Troop 8107, Marietta, Georgia, 1993
- American Cancer Society Recipient - Lane Adams Exemplary Cancer Nurse Award, 1991
- American Cancer Society Public Education Award, 1991 & 1993