Titles and Roles
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Assistant Surgical Director, Lung Transplantation
- Emory University Hospital
- Thoracic Surgeon
- Lung Cancer
A board certified thoracic surgeon, Jeffrey Javidfar, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery of the Department of Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine. Dr. Javidfar is the assistant surgical director of lung transplantation at Emory University Hospital, and his specialty areas include end-stage lung disease, venovenous and venoarterial ECMO, benign lung disease surgery, lung cancer surgery, and bronchial and tracheal surgery. He joined the Emory faculty in 2016.
Dr. Javidfar holds memberships with Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society, American Medical Association, American Thoracic Society, Society of Thoracic Surgery, Southern Thoracic Surgical Society, John Jones Surgical Society and Thoracic Surgery Resident Association.
Dr. Javidfar received his MD and graduated with honors from Stony Brook Medical School in Stony Brook, New York. His general surgery residency and cardiothoracic transplant procurement fellowship were completed at Columbia University Medical Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital. His cardiothoracic surgery fellowship was completed at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina with a special focus on lung transplantation and ECMO.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Javidfar has received the following awards and honors:
- American Association of Thoracic Surgery Leadership Academy, 2015
- John W. Kirklin CT Resident & Fellow Research Award, American Association for Thoracic Surgery Cardiovascular-Thoracic Critical Care Conference, 2015
- Critical Care Scholarship, American Association for Thoracic Surgery, 2013, 2015
- Arthur H. Blakemore Resident Research Prize for best research portfolio during a general surgery training program, Columbia University Medical Center, 2013
- Blakemore Annual Resident Research Award, Columbia University Medical Center, 2012