Dr. Jillella leads the efforts of the Winship Cancer Network and is expanding Winship's role in bringing clinical and population-based cancer research to communities throughout Georgia and surrounding states.
Titles and Roles
- Medical Director of the Winship Cancer Network
- Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Professor, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
Anand P. Jillella, MD, is a national leader in bone marrow transplantation and has led the development of a strategy to decrease induction mortality for acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL). Board certified in hematology and medical oncology, Dr. Jillella's primary clinical interest is in the area of bone marrow transplantation with specific emphasis on patients with leukemia, multiple myeloma, and other blood-related malignancies.
In his role as Medical Director of the Winship Cancer Network, Dr. Jillella leads the efforts of the Winship Cancer Network and expands Winship's role in bringing clinical and population-based cancer research to communities throughout Georgia and surrounding states.
Dr. Jillella received his Doctor of Medicine from the Government Medical College in Kurnool, India. He completed a rotating internship in Kurnool, followed by an internship at St. Agnes Hospital in Baltimore, MD, where he focused on pediatrics and internal medicine. He completed his residency at the Medical College of Georgia, and a fellowship in hematology/oncology at the Yale University School of Medicine. He did intensive training in bone marrow transplantation at the Johns Hopkins Oncology Center in Baltimore.
Dr. Jillella's research focus is in acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) where his group developed a strategy to decrease induction morality from an estimated 30% to 5%. It is funded by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and has now received approval as an ECOG trial. The plan is to make this a global initiative.
Below is a listing of current federal grants for the above principal investigator.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Jillella's recent awards include:
- Atlanta Magazine "Top Doctors," 2015-2017
- Outstanding Physician of the Year, Awarded by the Indo American Cultural Association, 2013
- Professionalism Award by Georgia Regents University School of Medicine, 2011
- Distinguished Faculty Award for Clinical Science Research, Awarded by Georgia Health Sciences University Faculty Senate, 2011