As the Medical Director and Section Chief of the Winship Cancer Institute Ambulatory Infusion Centers, Dr. Kaufman coordinates the care for over 10,000 cancer patients served each year.
Titles and Roles
- Associate Professor and Associate Vice-Chair for Quality and Safety, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Medical Director and Section Chief, Ambulatory Infusion Centers
- Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
Jonathan L. Kaufman, MD is board certified in hematology and medical oncology. Dr. Kaufman is an active clinical and translational researcher in the fields of multiple myeloma, amyloidosis, and bone marrow transplant. As a network physician, he started practicing with Emory Healthcare in 2005.
Dr. Kaufman is a member of the Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics Research Program at Winship Cancer Institute. He also holds memberships with American Society of Clinical Oncology and American Society of Hematology.
Dr. Kaufman earned his Medical Degree from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta. He subsequently completed his Residency in Internal Medicine and his Fellowship in Hematology and Oncology at Emory University.
Dr. Kaufman's research focus is on the development of optimal treatment regimens and new drug development for patients with plasma cell disorders.
Below is a listing of current federal grants for the above principal investigator.
GrantNumber Title test test
His work has been published in journals such as Journal of Clinical Oncology, Science Signaling, Blood, Leukemia, Clinical Cancer Research, Journal of Immunology, Cancer, and Clinical Lymphoma and Myeloma. He has served as a reviewer for Clinical Lymphoma and Myeloma, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Clinical Cancer Research and Leukemia. He has presented his clinical research on multiple myeloma at invited institutional lectures, as well as national and international hematology and oncology conferences.
Publications Publication Date Test Test
Dr. Kaufman is the recipient of the following awards:
- Atlanta Magazine "Top Doctor," 2015
- ASBMT New Investigator Travel Grant
- ASCO/AACR Methods in Clinical Cancer Research
- Best PGY1 Resident
- Edwin M. Crissey Fellowship
- The MMRF Accelerator Award
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation