Titles and Roles
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Thoracic Surgeon
- Lung Cancer
A board certified thoracic surgeon, Onkar V. Khullar, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery of the Department of Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine. He joined the Emory faculty in 2016.
Dr. Khullar holds memberships with Thoracic Surgery Residents Association, American College of Surgeons, Society of Thoracic Surgeons and Southern Thoracic Surgical Association.
Dr. Khullar received his MD from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He completed his Internship and Residency in General Surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachussetts. He was also a Research Fellow in Thoracic Surgery at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachussetts. Lastly, Dr. Khullar completed his Residency in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Thoracic Track at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Khullar has received the following awards and honors:
- Finalist, American Association of Thoracic Surgery C. Walton Lillehei Resident Research Competition, 2010
- Thoracic Surgery Foundation for Research and Education Fellowship/Grant, 2009-2010
- American College of Surgeons Excellence in Research Award, 2009
- Finalist, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Department of Surgery Resident Research Competition, 2009
- Society of Thoracic Surgery Looking to the Future Scholarship, 2009