Titles and Roles
- Assistant Professor, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
Robert Klafter, MD, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology at Emory University School of Medicine. Board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology, Dr. Klafter is a community oncologist practicing at Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital. Personalized patient care is of utmost importance to Dr. Klafter. To that end, he makes himself always accessible and is committed to finding the best outcome for every patient.
Prior to joining Emory, Dr. Klafter was an attending physician at Mount Sinai Medical Center and Lenox Hill Hospital in New York. He is a member of American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology and NY State Medical Society.
Dr. Klafter received his medical degree from New York University. He completed residency and was a Chief Resident at Bellevue Hospital in New York City. Upon completing a fellowship in hematology/oncology at Emory University School of Medicine, he returned to New York to practice.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Klafter has received many awards and honors including:
- New York Magazine Best Doctors, Medical Oncology, 2012, 2014 & 2015
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2012-2015
- New York Metro Area's Top Doctors, 2012-2015
- Leslie Kuhn M.D. Memorial Award, Department of Medicine Service Award, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2009
- America's Top Oncologists, 2007-2015
- Best Doctors, 2007-2015
- New York Super Doctors, 2010-2015