Dr. Klein was the first to describe the use of a unique imaging technology, Polarization-Sensitive Optical Coherence Tomography, in the larynx, to aid in better identification of the pathologic states of the vocal folds.
Titles and Roles
- Professor, Department of Otolaryngology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Emory Voice Center
- Head and Neck Surgeon
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
Board certified with the American Board of Otolaryngology, Dr. Klein's clinical specialties include general otolaryngology, laryngeal disorders and the professional voice. He is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology.
Dr. Klein is a member of the Cancer Prevention and Control Research Program at Winship Cancer Institute.
Dr. Klein received his Medical Degree and completed his Internship in Surgery and Residency in Otolaryngology at University of Connecticut School of Medicine. He then completed his Fellowship in Laryngology and Care of the Professional Voice at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University.
Dr. Klein's research and clinical practice largely focus on the treatment of benign and malignant glottal mucosal disease. He was the first to perform awake laser procedures in Georgia for the treatment of laryngeal disease, and he is currently involved in several clinical trials examining various chemotherapeutic prevention regimens for premalignant and early malignant lesions of the larynx. Dr. Klein also has forged collaborative bridges with scientists at the Georgia Institute of Technology, resulting in several translational research projects, with a focus on vocal fold reanimation.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Klein's has received the following awards and honors:
- Special Volunteerism Award, Georgia Speech and Hearing Association
- Best Poster Presentation, Honorable Mention. (Golub JS, Johns III MM, DelGaudio JM, Klein AM. Preliminary Comparison of an Oropharyngeal Aerosolized pH Probe and a Standard Dual pH Probe for Diagnosis of Laryngopharyngeal Reflux. 36th Annual Symposium: Care of the Professional Voice.), The Voice Foundation
- The Quality Academy for Leadership for Healthcare Improvement