Titles and Roles
- Associate Professor, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Chair, Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee
- Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
Ragini Kudchadkar, MD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology at Emory University School of Medicine. A board certified medical oncologist, Dr. Kudchadkar specializes in the treatment of cancers of the skin including metastatic melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, Merkel cell carcinoma and other cutaneous malignancies. She also collaborates with colleagues from the Emory Eye Center in treating patients with ocular melanoma.
Dr. Kudchadkar is a member of the Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics research program at Winship. She also serves as chair of the Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee.
Dr. Kudchakar received her Medical Degree from Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. She went on to complete her internal medicine residency also at Emory University. She then pursued her hematology and medical oncology training at the University of Colorado where she began her interest in cutaneous oncology. After completing her fellowship, she was on the faculty at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida in the Department of Cutaneous Oncology.
Dr. Kudchadkar’s research focuses on signal transduction inhibitors for the treatment metastatic melanoma with a secondary interest in advanced basal cell carcinomas. Her research is focused on the development of novel therapeutic approaches for metastatic melanoma via the discovery of novel drug targets and drug combinations. Her concentration at Emory is in clinical trial development and implementation to improve treatment options for melanoma.
Below is a listing of current federal grants for the above principal investigator.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Kudchadkar is the recipient of the following awards:
- Alpha Epsilon Delta – Premedical Honor Society, 1997-1999,
- Highest Honors Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, 1999
- Betty Ford Center Medical Student Scholarship Seminars neurobiology of alcohol and drug abuse, 2000
- Chief Fellow Hematology/Oncology, 2008-2009