Titles and Roles
- Professor, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Professor and W. Paul Bowers Research Chair, Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University
- Chief Innovation Officer, Pediatric Technology Center
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
Wilbur Lam, MD, PhD, is Professor and W. Paul Bowers Research Chair in the Department of Pediatrics and the Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Emory University and Georgia Institute of Technology. Dr. Lam serves as Chief Innovation Officer of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Pediatric Technology Center.
Dr. Lam is a member of the Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics Research Program at Winship Cancer Institute. He is a fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, and an inductee of the American Society for Clinical Investigation.
Dr. Lam earned his PhD in Bioengineering from the University of California, Berkley. Prior to obtaining his PhD, Dr. Lam received his MD from Baylor College of Medicine. He completed his Fellowship in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and Residency in Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Lam's research interests involve developing and applying novel technologies using micro/nanotechnology, microfluidics, and cell mechanics to research, diagnose, and treat hematologic and oncologic processes.
Publications Publication Date