Titles and Roles
- Associate Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Director of Breast Pathology
- Emory University Hospital
- Breast Cancer
- Research Program
- Cell and Molecular Biology
Xiaoxian (Bill) Li, MD, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine of Emory University School of Medicine. Board certified in clinical and anatomic pathology, Dr. Li specializes in breast pathology. Before joining Emory University in 2013, he completed fellowships in Oncologic Surgical Pathology and Breast Pathology at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX.
Dr. Li is a member of the Cell and Molecular Biology Research Program at Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University. He is also a member of the Grant Review Committee at American Cancer Society.
Dr. Li received his PhD from the Department of Biology at University of Maryland in College Park, MD. He received his Medical Degree from Beijing Medical University in Beijing, China. He completed his postdoctoral training as a Postdoctoral Associate in the Department of Pharmacology at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, PA and then as a Research Associate in the Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. He completed his residency at The Methodist Hospital in Houston, TX.
Dr. Li's research interests focus on all aspects of breast diseases from benign to malignant neoplasms, particularly developing predictive markers in breast cancer and studying the mechanisms underlying tumor initiation, progression and metastasis.
Dr. Li serves as Section Editor of Breast Pathology for Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. He also serves on the editorial board of American Journal of Clinical Pathology, Human Pathology, and Clinical Breast Cancer.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Li has received the following awads and honors:
- Emory Millipub Club Award, Emory University School of Medicine, 2018
- Fellow Research Award ($10,000), Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2012-2013
- Best Abstract Award by Chinese American Pathologists Association for presentation at USCAP 101th Annual Meeting. Vancouver, Canada, 2012
- Poster Presentation Competition 2rd Place, 89th Texas Society of Pathologists Annual Meeting, Galveston, TX, 2010
- Poster Presentation Competition 3rd Place, 88th Texas Society of Pathologists Annual Meeting, Austin, TX, 2009
- Podium Presentation Competition 2nd Place, 87th Texas Society of Pathologists Annual Meeting, Houston, TX, 2008
- Best Abstract Award by Chinese American Pathologists Association for presentation at USCAP 97th Annual Meeting, Denver, CO, 2008
- Department of Defense Breast Cancer Training Grant, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 2002-2004
- Eugenie Clark Summer Research Fellowship, University of Maryland, 2001
- College of Life Sciences Travel Award, University of Maryland, 2000 & 2001
- Jacob K. Goldhabor Travel Award, University of Maryland, 2000