Titles and Roles
- Associate Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Nuclear & Radiological Engineering, & Medical Physics
- The George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
Liyong Lin, PhD, DABR, is Associate Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Emory University School of Medicine. An ABR board certified medical physicist, Dr. Lin's expertise includes commissioning, quality assurance and Monte Carlo characterization of pencil beam scanning proton therapy systems.
Dr. Lin received his PhD in Medical Physics from University of Wisconsin-Madison. He then completed a two year clinical postdoc at University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute.
Dr. Lin's current research interest is in developing Monte Carlo dose calculation and Image Guided Proton Therapy physics framework for heterogeneous and moving tumors. He serves on the editorial board of Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, as well as on American Association of Physicists in Medicine's Task Group 290 "Respiratory Motion Management for Particle Therapy" and on Particle Therapy Co-Operative Group's Imaging Sub-committee.
Publications Publication Date