Titles and Roles
- Assistant Professor, Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
Michael C. Lowe, MD, MA, is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Surgical Oncology of the Department of Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine. A board certified surgeon, Dr. Lowe serves as a surgical oncologist with a primary focus on cutaneous malignancy for the Division of Surgical Oncology within the Department of Surgery. He joined Emory after completing a fellowship in Complex General Surgical Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY.
Dr. Lowe holds memberships with American Society of Clinical Oncology, Association of Academic Surgery, Society of Surgical Oncology and American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Lowe received his MD and graduated cum laude from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC. He then completed his residency in general surgery in the Department of Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine, where he was administrative chief resident in his final year. He completed his postdoctoral training with a fellowship in Complex General Surgical Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY.
Dr. Lowe is a manuscript reviewer for several journals and has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Lowe has received the following awards and honors:
- Society of Surgical Oncology Young Investigator Award, 2018
- Chief Resident, Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, 2014
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons Young Investigator Award, 2012
- Robbins Fellowship in Islet Transplantation, 2011
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons Young Investigator Award, 2011
- Best Basic Science Presentation, Emory Department of Surgery Research Symposium, 2011
- JD Martin Surgical Resident Award, 2010
- Best Clinical Science Oral Presentation, Georgia Chapter, American College of Surgeons, 2009