Titles and Roles
- Professor and Smithgall Institute Professor of Molecular Cell Biology
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
Alfred H. Merrill, Jr., PhD, is Professor and Smithgall Institute Professor of Molecular Cell Biology at Georgia Institute of Technology. Dr. Merrill is a member of the Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics Research Program at Winship.
Dr. Merrill earned his PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology from Cornell University.
Dr. Merrill is on the editorial boards of Biochimica Biophysica Acta and The Journal of Biological Chemistry. He also serves as Associate Editor for The Journal of Lipid Research.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Merrill has received the following awards and honors:
- Georgia Tech Class of 1934 Course Survey Teaching Effectiveness Award, 2012
- Georgia Tech College of Sciences Faculty Mentor Award, 2010
- Sustained Research Award, Georgia Tech chapter of Sigma Xi, 2009
- AAAS Fellow, 2000
- Osborne and Mendel Award for Basic Research Accomplishments in Nutrition, 1996
- NASA Cosmos 1884 & 2044 Achievement Awards, 1990, 1991
- American Institute of Nutrition, Mead Johnson Award, 1986
- Emory Williams Teaching Award for Natural Sciences, 1985
- DuPont Award for teaching, Cornell University, 1976