Titles and Roles
- Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
Edward T. Morgan, PhD, serves as Professor in the Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology at Emory University School of Medicine. Prior to joining Emory in 1986, Dr. Morgan was a Visiting Scientist at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.
Dr. Morgan is Treasurer of the Section on Drug Metabolism and Drug Transport, International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (IUPHAR), and serves on the Finance Committee of the American Society of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET). He is a member of the International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics (ISSX), and of the Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics Research Program at Winship.
Dr. Morgan obtained his PhD in Pharmacology from the University of Glasgow in 1979. He then completed his postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Morgan's research focuses on the regulation of cytochrome P450 enzymes during inflammation related to cancer and cancer immunotherapy.
Dr. Morgan is Editor-in Chief of Drug Metabolism and Disposition, and he currently serves on the Editorial Board of The Biochemical Journal.
Publications Publication Date
- Georgia Cancer Coalition/ Georgia Research Alliance Distinguished Cancer Scientist, 2010-2015
- Joseph F. Williams Memorial Lecturer, University of South Florida, April 2000
- Faculty Development Award, Pharmaceutical Manufacturer's Association Foundation, 1987-89
- Swedish Work Health Fund Award, 1984-86
- Visiting Scientist Fellowship, Swedish Medical Research Council, 1982-84