Titles and Roles
- Associate Professor, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Medical Director, Winship Data and Technology Applications Shared Resource
- Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
Ajay Kumar Nooka, MD, MPH, FACP, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology at Emory University School of Medicine and serves as medical director of the Winship Data and Technology Applications Shared Resource at Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University. An Emory Healthcare network physician since 2011, Dr. Nooka is a board certified hematologist specializing in the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma.
Dr. Nooka is a clinical member of the Cancer Prevention and Control research program at Winship Cancer Institute. He serves on the steering committee of the Multiple Myeloma Research Consortium.
Dr. Nooka attended Medical School at the Andhra Medical College in Visakhapatnam, India. He earned his Master's in Public Health at the University of Texas School of Public Health. He then went on to complete his residency at Canton Medical Education Foundation in Canton, Ohio. He did his fellowship at the Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University in Atlanta, GA.
Dr. Nooka's research interests include integrating genomic and clinical data on a uniform platform and to interpret in a meaningful way to risk-stratify myeloma; and evaluate newer myeloma therapeutic strategies aimed at prolonging survival in myeloma patients. He also focuses on cancer epidemiology.
Below is a listing of current federal grants for the above principal investigator.
Dr. Nooka serves on the editorial board for The American Journal of Clinical Oncology, Journal of Hematological Malignancies, Lymphoma and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemias. He is an adhoc Journal Reviewer for Annals of Oncology, Cancer, Oncology, Leukemia Research, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, European Journal of Cancer, Current-Oncology, Indian Journal of Medical Research and International Journal of Hematology.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Nooka is the recipient of the following awards:
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
- International Myeloma Foundation (IMF) Special Research Grant, 2014
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) Accelerator Award, 2013
- Conquer Foundation ASCO Merit Award, Chicago, IL, 2011
- Fellowship of American College of Physicians, 2011
- AACR/ASCO Workshop: Methods in Clinical Cancer Research, Vail, CO, 2010
- Frederick C. Whittier Excellence in Research Award, Canton Medical Education Foundation, OH, 2008
- Rochfort Scholarship, Emory University, GA, 2008
- Frederick C. Whittier Excellence in Research Award, Canton Medical Education Foundation, OH, 2007
- American College of Physicians National Abstracts Competition, San Diego, CA, 2007
- D. Jack Kilian Memorial Scholarship, UTSPH, Houston, TX, 2003