Titles and Roles
- Associate Professor, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
Ajay Kumar Nooka, MD, MPH, FACP, is an Associate Professor of Hematology and Medical Oncology at Emory University School of Medicine and a part of the hematology care team at Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University. Dr. Nooka is board certified in Internal Medicine and specializes in hematology and medical oncology. As a network physician, he started practicing with Emory Healthcare in 2011.
Dr. Nooka attended Medical School at the Andhra Medical College in Visakhapatnam, India. He earned his Master's in Public Health at the University of Texas School of Public Health. He then went on to complete his residency at Canton Medical Education Foundation in Canton, Ohio. He did his fellowship at the Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University in Atlanta, GA.
Dr. Nooka's research interests include integrating genomic and clinical data on a uniform platform and to interpret in a meaningful way to risk-stratify myeloma; and evaluate newer myeloma therapeutic strategies aimed at prolonging survival in myeloma patients. He also focuses on cancer epidemiology.
Below is a listing of current federal grants for the above principal investigator.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Nooka is the recipient of the following awards:
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
- International Myeloma Foundation (IMF) Special Research Grant, 2014
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) Accelerator Award, 2013
- Conquer Foundation ASCO Merit Award, Chicago, IL, 2011
- Fellowship of American College of Physicians, 2011
- AACR/ASCO Workshop: Methods in Clinical Cancer Research, Vail, CO, 2010
- Frederick C. Whittier Excellence in Research Award, Canton Medical Education Foundation, OH, 2008
- Rochfort Scholarship, Emory University, GA, 2008
- Frederick C. Whittier Excellence in Research Award, Canton Medical Education Foundation, OH, 2007
- American College of Physicians National Abstracts Competition, San Diego, CA, 2007
- D. Jack Kilian Memorial Scholarship, UTSPH, Houston, TX, 2003