Titles and Roles
- Associate Professor, Office of Academic Advancement
- Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
Carolyn Miller Reilly PhD, RN, CHFN, FAHA, is Associate Professor in the Office of Academic Advancement at Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing at Emory University. Dr. Reilly has over twenty years of nursing experience.
Dr. Reilly is a member of the Cancer Prevention and Control Research Program at Winship. She is also a member of many professional organizations including Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association, American Association of Heart Failure Nurses, Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science, Heart Failure Society of America, Southern Nursing Research Society, American Heart Association, Sigma Theta Tau (National Nursing Honor Society), and American Association of Critical Care Nurses.
Dr. Reilly earned her PhD in Nursing from the University of Nebraska. She also holds a MN in Nursing from Emory University.
Dr. Reilly's research interests include promoting self-care in persons suffering cardiovascular disease (CVD), early detection and prevention of CV, and CVD in lymphoma survivors.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Reilly's honors and awards include the following:
- Semi-finalist Georgia Nurse of the Year, March of Dimes, 2013
- Semifinalist for the Robert Wood Johnson Nurse Faculty Scholar Program, 2013
- Fellow of the American Heart Association, 2012
- Emory Williams Distinguished Teaching Award, Emory University, 2012
- American Heart Association Martha N. Hill New Investigator Award Finalists, 2011
- Nominated for the Jean Thomas Teaching Award, Alpha Epsilon Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, 2010
- Georgia Baptist College of Nursing, Mercer University, Hall of Honor Alumni Award for Nursing Research, 2008
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, 2006
- Sigma Theta Tau, Nu Iota Chapter: Excellence in Nursing Research, 2002
- American Heart Association Truckee Meadows Division Volunteer of the Year, 1999-2000
- Nevada Women’s Fund: Woman of Achievement, 1999
- Nominated Nevada Nurse of the Year, March of Dimes, 1998
- Nursing Student of the Year, Georgia Baptist Hospital, 1989