Titles and Roles
- DeLos Hill Professor of Oral Surgery and Chief, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
Dr. Roser is the Chief of the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the Department of Surgery at the Emory University School of Medicine. He also serves as the Section Chief of Oral and maxillofacial Surgery at the Emory University Midtown Hospital and Egleston Childrens Hospital. He serves on the Executive Committee of the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He a member of Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics Research Program, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Academy of Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons and a Fellow in the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Roser earned his bachelor's degree at Middlebury College, his dental degree at Harvard School of Dental Medicine and his medical degree at Harvard medical School in Boston Massachusetts. He then went on to complete an internship and residency Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. He is certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He was the George Guttmann Professor and Chief or Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine and Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York before joining the faculty at Emory.
Dr. Roser's research interests include the bony reconstruction of the maxillofacial region.
Dr. Roser is the recipient of the following awards:
- Harvard Distinguished Alumni Award, 1990
- For Contribution to Field of Education, WM Harrigan Society, 1992
- American Dental Association Oversees Volunteer Award, 2003
- Presidential Citation, Republic of Ecuador, 2005
- William J. Gies Foundation Award for Distinguished Achievement in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2006
- Steven M. Roser Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Society formed at Columbia University College of Dentistry, 2006
- Humanitarian Award for Relief Efforts in Haiti, Fraternal Order of Police, Surgeon’s Lodge #3, 2010
- Maislin Award for Achievements in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, New York College of Dentistry, 2010