Titles and Roles
- Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Director, Robotic Thoracic Surgery
- Emory Healthcare
- Medical Director of Perioperative Service
- Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
A board certified thoracic surgeon, Manu S. Sancheti, MD, FACS, is Associate Professor of Surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery of the Department of Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine. A leader in robotic surgery education and innovation, Dr. Sancheti serves as Director of Robotic Thoracic Surgery for Emory Healthcare, and is Medical Director of Perioperative Service and Section Chief of General Thoracic Surgery at Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, one of ten nationally recognized epicenters for robotic thoracic surgery. He is part of a physician team providing a full range of thoracic procedures, including the most current minimally invasive approaches such as robotic esophagectomy, robotic mediastinal mass resection and robotic lobectomy.
As medical director, Dr. Sancheti was heavily involved with a team from the Carlos and Davis Center for Surgical Anatomy and Technique (CSAT) in developing and creating the Surgical Anatomy of the Lung application, an interactive, comprehensive, and multifunctional 3D tool for preoperative planning, education, and physician-to-patient communication.
Dr. Sancheti is a member of the Cancer Prevention and Control Research Program at Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University. He holds professional memberships with American College of Surgeons, American Medical Association, American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, Southern Thoracic Surgical Association and Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
Dr. Sancheti received his Medical Degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine, after which he did a general surgery residency at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City. He then joined the faculty at Emory University after completing his cardiothoracic surgery residency on a general thoracic track.
Dr. Sancheti's research interests are in thoracic surgical minimally invasive techniques, outcomes in thoracic oncology, and cost and quality improvements in thoracic surgical services.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Sancheti has received the following awards and honors:
- Atlanta Magazine's "Top Doctors", 2022-2023
- Georgia Trend Top Doctor and Consumer Research Council Top Doctor, 2021
- Poster of Exceptional Merit and Best Overall Poster Winner, American College of Surgeons Annual Clinical Congress, 2014
- Best Clinical Research Project, St. Luke's-Roosevelt Department of Surgery Research Day, 2010
- Vascular Surgery Resident of the Year, 2009