Titles and Roles
- Associate Professor, Division of General and GI Surgery, Department of Surgery
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
Neil D. Saunders, MD is Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of General and GI Surgery in the Department of Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine. A board certified surgeon, Dr. Saunders specializes in endocrine surgery and malignancies of the thyroid, adrenal, and parathyroid. He began practicing at Emory in 2015.
Dr. Saunders is a member of American College of Surgeons, American Medical Association, Society of Surgical Oncology and American Association of Endocrine Surgeons.
Dr. Saunders received his MD from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. His postgraduate medical training included a general surgery residency at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia, followed by a complex general surgical oncology fellowship at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.
Dr. Saunders' primary research interests are thyroid cancer, surgical outcomes, and quality improvement.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Saunders is the recipient of the following honors and awards:
- Honors Graduate, University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2008
- Warren H. Cole Scholarship, University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2008
- Doctor's Doctor Award, University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2008
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2007