Titles and Roles
- Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology
- Emory University School of Medicine
Nikhil T. Sebastian, MD, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Emory University School of Medicine. A board certified radiation oncologist, Dr. Sebastian specializes in the treatment of lung and genitourinary cancers. He is skilled in Gamma Knife radiosurgery and treats patients at Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital.
Dr. Sebastian received his medical degree from The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, where he also completed his residency in radiation oncology.
Dr. Sebastian's research interests include clinical trial development, integration of novel therapeutics, and identification of prognostic biomarkers.
Dr. Sebastian has published research articles in a number of leading journals including the International Journal of Radiation Oncology · Biology · Physics, Radiotherapy and Oncology, JAMA Network Open, and Advances in Radiation Oncology.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Sebastian is the recipient of the following awards and honors:
- American Society for Radiation Oncology Basic/Translational Science Award
- Radiological Society of North America Roentgen Research Award
- American Brachytherapy Society Prostate Brachytherapy Workshop Scholarship
- Nomination for best abstract from the European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology