Titles and Roles
- Professor, Department of Otolaryngology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Skull Base Surgeon
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Research Program
- Discovery and Developmental Therapeutics
C. Arturo Solares, MD, is Professor at Emory University School of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology. A board certified head and neck surgeon, Dr. Solares has multiple clinical interests including benign and malignant diseases of the anterior and lateral skull base, head and neck surgery and microvascular reconstruction. He has a national and international reputation for his expertise in skull base surgery. An Emory Healthcare practicing physician, he treats patients at Emory University Hospital Midtown.
Dr. Solares earned his undergraduate and medical degrees at Francisco Marroquin University in Guatemala City. He completed residency at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, and has fellowship training from the Queensland Skull Base Unit at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane, Australia, and the Center for Cranial Base Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Solares' research areas of interest include surgical simulation/applied anatomy and perineural spread of cutaneous malignancies.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Solares has received the following awards and honors:
- Atlanta Magazine's "Top Doctors", 2020
- External Examiner, Otolaryngology Qualifying Exam, University of West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica, 2015
- Best Doctors in America Database, 2013
- Lawrence R. Boies Resident Research Award, Middle Section Meeting, Triological Society, 2009
- First Place (Cleveland Clinic team), Resident Quiz Bowl, American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 2007
- America's Top Surgeons, 2006