Titles and Roles
- Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Medical Director, Aflac Cancer & Blood Disorders Center
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Pediatric Oncologist
- Pediatric Oncology
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
Karen Wasilewski-Masker, MD, MSc, is board certified in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology by the American Board of Pediatrics. Dr. Wasilewski-Masker holds professional memberships with American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, American Society of Hematology and American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Wasilewski-Masker received her Medical Degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee. She completed a residency in pediatrics at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee, and her fellowship at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Wasilewski-Masker's research focus is in bone sarcomas, adolescent and young adult oncology, supportive care/cancer control studies and transition of care.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Wasilewski-Masker has received several awards and honors including:
- Emory Pediatric Seed Grant, 2006
- Children's Oncology Group Aflac Adolescent and Young Adult Young Investigator Award, 2004
- The Geoffrey David Chazen Award, for contributions to the educational programs at Vanderbilt School of Medicine, 1999