Titles and Roles
- Professor, Department of Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Director and the Daniel P. Amos Children's Chair
- Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
- Medical Oncologist
- Pediatric Cancer
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
William G. Woods, MD, is Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Director and the Daniel P. Amos Children's Chair at Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center.
Dr. Woods is a member of the Cancer Prevention and Control Research Program at Winship Cancer Institute. He holds professional meberships with American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Society for Pediatric Research, American Association for Cancer Research, American Society of Hematology, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Societe Internationale D'Oncologie Pediatrique and American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Woods earned his Medical Degree from the University of Pennsylvania. He then went on to complete his Residency in Pediatrics at the University of Minnesota. He conducted his Fellowship at Cornell University in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology and another at the University of Minnesota in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology.
Dr. Woods has received the following awards and honors:
- Bucknell University Distinguished Alumni Award for Outstanding Achievement in a Chosen Profession, 2013
- Distinguished Career Award, American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 2011
- Listed in The Best Doctors in America (Woodward & White), 1992-present
- Faculty Teacher of the Year, University of Minnesota Pediatric Residency Program, 1991-1994
Dr. Wood's research interests include clinical trials in myeloid leukemia, neuroblastoma screening and access to care.