Titles and Roles
- Professor Emeritus, Department of Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
William G. Woods, MD, is the former Daniel P. Amos Children’s Chair and Director of the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta and Chief of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT at Emory University. Under his 15 years of dedicated service, Dr. Woods led the Aflac Cancer Center to become one of the largest and most respected pediatric hematology and oncology programs in the country.
Dr. Woods is a member of the Cancer Prevention and Control research program at Winship Cancer Institute. He holds professional memberships with American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Society for Pediatric Research, American Association for Cancer Research, American Society of Hematology, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Societe Internationale D'Oncologie Pediatrique and American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Woods received his MD from University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA. He completed his postdoctoral training with a Residency in Pediatrics at University of Minnesota in Twin Cities, MN, a Fellowship in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology at Cornell University in New York, NY and a Fellowship in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology at University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN.
Dr. Woods' research interests include clinical trials in myeloid leukemia, neuroblastoma screening and access to care for pediatric cancer patients.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Woods has received various awards and honors including:
- Bucknell University Distinguished Alumni Award for Outstanding Achievement in a Chosen Profession, 2013
- Distinguished Career Award, American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 2011
- Listed in The Best Doctors in America (Woodward & White), 1992-present
- Faculty Teacher of the Year, University of Minnesota Pediatric Residency Program, 1991-1994