Titles and Roles
- Assistant Professor
- Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
Canhua Xiao, PhD, RN, FAAN is an Assistant Professor in Office of Academic Advancement at Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University. Dr. Xiao is a member of the Cancer Prevention and Control research program at Winship Cancer Institute.
In 2018, Dr. Xiao was named Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing.
Dr. Xiao received her PhD from University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing in Philadelphia, PA.
Dr. Xiao's research interests include studying fatigue and the role of anti-inflammatory signaling in patients with head and neck cancer.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Xiao is the recipient of the following awards:
- Young Investigator Award, Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC), 2018
- Young Investigator Award, International Society of Oral Oncology (ISOO), 2018
- Friends of the National Institute of Nursing Research's Protegee Award, 2017
- Victor Mock New Investigator Award from the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS), 2016
- Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing Emerging Scholars Program, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada, 2013
- ONS Foundation/ONS Connections Conference Scholarship, 2012