Titles and Roles
- Instructor, Department of Dermatology
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Research Program
- Cancer Prevention and Control
Howa Yeung, MD, is an Instructor in the Department of Dermatology at Emory University School of Medicine. A board certified dermatologist, Dr. Yeung specializes in the treatment of melanoma and other skin cancers.
Dr. Yeung is a member of American Academy of Dermatology, Society for Investigative Dermatology, Atlanta Association for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, and Gay and Lesbian Dermatology Association.
Dr. Yeung obtained his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine in New York, NY. He completed his medical internship at Yale-New Haven Hospital in New Haven, Connecticut, and his residency in dermatology at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. He completed a Dermatoepidemiology NRSA Research Fellowship at University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is currently pursuing a Master of Science in Clinical Research at Emory University Laney Graduate School.
Dr. Yeung's research focuses on measurement of quality of life and patient-reported outcomes in cutaneous toxicity of immunotherapy in patients with advanced melanoma. He additionally applies epidemiology and health services research methods to optimize skin cancer prevention and care in sexual and gender minority populations and persons living with HIV.
Publications Publication Date
Dr. Yeung's awards and honors include:
- Dermatology Foundation Dermatologist Investigator Research Fellowship: "Characterization of Skin Cancer Risk Factors and Screening in Sexual Minority Populations", 2017-2018
- Trainee Award for Best Poster, American Dermatoepidermiology Network, Society of Investigative Dermatology Annual Meeting, 2015
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2013
- American Dermatological Association Medical Student Research Fellowship, 2013
- Society of Investigative Dermatology Albert M. Kligman Travel Fellowship, 2012
- International Society of Pharmacoepidemiology Student Travel Scholarship, 2012