Winship Cancer Institute and Emory Clinic will file your insurance claims, both primary and secondary. We will work with you to help ensure you receive full benefit from your insurance company, and we will respond to requests from your insurer for additional information.
It is very important for you to be aware of the specifics of healthcare insurance policies. Some types of diagnostic and treatment procedures may not be included in a your coverage plan. Be sure to speak with hospital financial counselors about your hospital bills to determine if reduced rates or monthly payments are available or even suitable.
Things to Ask Your Insurance Company
Recommended questions to ask your insurance company and/or your employer:
- Does The Emory Clinic and/or your physician participate with my insurance plan?
- Does my plan require a referral in order to see a specialist?
- What is my copay amount for a specialist office visit?
- Specifically, what elements of my care will be covered and at what benefit level?
- Outpatient care
- Inpatient care
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Are there any limits to my cancer coverage?
- What is the amount of annual, out-of-pocket expense for which I will be responsible?
It is Emory Clinic's policy to obtain full payment at the time of service. An Oncology Resource Coordinator will be able to provide you with an estimate of your upcoming visit and discuss possible financial programs and options.
If your plan requires a referral from your Primary Care Physician before seeing one of our specialists, please be sure to obtain the referral before your appointment.
Please note that co-pays are due at the time of service. If your specialist co-pay amount is not listed on your insurance card, please contact Member Services or Customer Service of your insurance company (refer to the number on your card) to verify your specialist co-pay amount.
Please provide your insurance information to the coordinator who schedules your appointment and bring your insurance card(s) with you so the Oncology Resource Coordinator can obtain a copy at the time of your visit.
Your Oncology Resource Coordinator
Winship Cancer Institute offers the services of our Oncology Resource Coordinator, free of charge, to help with the financial demands of cancer treatment.
- Review your insurance coverage with you.
- Discuss out-of-pocket obligations.
- Address concerns you may have with your coverage.
- Help locate financial coverage options and resources for which you may be eligible.
If you have any insurance or billing questions prior to your visit or between visits, please call (404) 778-5742.