By studying large numbers of patients, with and without cancer, and studying their tissue samples, we will be able to move cancer research forward and personalize cancer care, which we expect will make cancer care more effective. Simply put, the Total Cancer Care® protocol is designed to help us find ways to individualize your care.
Patients like you are vital to our success. Cancer breakthroughs cannot happen without patients who are willing to participate in clinical research.
- You'll be helping future generations of cancer patients by contributing samples and clinical information.
- You yourself may be eligible for additional clinical trials through our partnership with other leading cancer centers.
"With Total Cancer Care, Winship Cancer Institute’s partnership with other leading cancer centers will accelerate advancements in cancer treatments for patients in Georgia and around the country."
Walter J. Curran, Jr., MD, Executive Director, Winship Cancer Institute
How does it work?
Total Cancer Care® is a long-term partnership between you and Winship Cancer Institute.
- There is no cost to participate and no extra visits are required.
- You will donate excess tissue from already scheduled procedures or surgeries.
- You may give an additional blood sample, if asked, during a routine blood draw.
- You may be asked to donate other types of samples such as saliva .
- You will be asked questions about your medical history, diet and lifestyle.
- You may be contacted about future research studies or clinical trials that may be of interest to you.