The Winship Patient and Family Resource Center gives you, your family and your caregivers a single source to turn to for the help and support you need.
Conveniently located on the first floor at Winship Cancer Institute, the resource center is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The resource center provides a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere where you and your caregivers can find:
- Information about cancer, from specific diseases to treatment options. Our materials include conventional as well as holistic resources, materials targeted toward children, and materials available in several languages.
- Information about various support groups.
- Information on Peer Partners, which matches patients and survivors.
- Information on social services and volunteer services.
It also offers the following free amenities:
- Computer terminals with internet access for browsing or checking email.
- WiFi connection (connect to EHCGuest), fax machine and telephone.
- Relaxed, living room-style sitting area.
- Tables for working or writing.
- Magazines and newspapers.
- DVD players and movies available for check out within the building.
Our staff is available to answer questions and to help you find the cancer resources you need. Please contact (404) 778-5286.
The Radiance Boutique at Winship provides a wide selection of wigs, compression garments, and mastectomy bras and prostheses for purchase. Our boutique coordinator spends her days measuring, fitting and offering garments to women and men of all ages to help them maintain their dignity and find normalcy on their journey toward recovery.
- Wigs - Wigs of the highest quality of synthetic and natural hair are available. The patient's cap size is measured, and hair can be ordered to match the natural hair. Patients can go to a hair dresser and have the wig styled the same way their natural hair was styled.
- Compression garments - We offer compression garments for lymphedema patients, including arm-sleeves, gauntlets and gloves as well as knee, thigh and pantyhose for vascular and hematology patients. Compression sleeves and socks are fashioned to provide the perfect amount of constriction on different parts of a leg or arm to increase circulation.
- Mastectomy bras and prostheses - Patients can schedule a pre-surgery consultation to discuss options and receive guidance about post surgical and mastectomy bras, camisoles and breast prosthesis. Patients who have undergone surgeries including lumpectomy, mastectomy and reconstruction can feel beautiful again and prevent irreversible back problems that occur by not replacing the weight and mass removed through surgery.
The Radiance Boutique is located in the Tuft's House (2004 Ridgewood Drive, Room 212, Atlanta, GA 30322) near Winship Cancer Institute. Hours of operation are Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Friday from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.