Benefits of Quitting Now
For patients with cancer who smoke, quitting can:
- Increase the effectiveness of cancer treatment.
- Speed recovery from illness and surgery.
- Lessen the risks of side effects.
- Improve your immune system, which is critical in fighting cancer.
- Decrease your risk for cancer recurrence and new cancers.
The Winship Cancer Institute Tobacco Cessation Program team includes health care professionals who are highly experienced leaders in the field of cancer care and smoking cessation. We understand that patients who smoke have unique needs, and we have a great deal of experience supporting these patients and their families.
- Commitment. At Winship Cancer Institute, our teams work together to provide you with the most comprehensive care for the best possible outcomes.
- Experience. Our dedicated team of experts believes in advocating for patients to get them to their goal of quitting smoking.
- Support & compassion. It is difficult to quit smoking. We create a compassionate environment that addresses concerns, barriers, and motivation. We’ll work with you for as long as it takes.
- Personalized care and individualized treatment plan. We will customize a plan to find the right combination of treatments to empower you to quit safely and comfortably.
- Expertise in smoking cessation medications. The use of medication such as the nicotine patch, Chantix, or Zyban can double or triple the chance of quitting and staying quit. We can discuss which medications might be right for you.
- Convenience. We can work with you in person, by phone, or via email.