The Biostatistics and Bioinformatics support is critical to most all of the peer-reviewed funded investigators at Winship, and both fields play a fundamental role in pre- and post-funding award stages of cancer research studies. Our shared resource is recognized as an essential element of research infrastructure at Winship by way of collaboration and consultation with other Winship investigators in the design, conduct and analysis of cancer-related clinical, preclinical and epidemiological investigations.
Capabilities and Services
- Provide consultation and collaboration regarding study design (e.g., validity of design, feasibility of meeting objectives, sample size, projection of study duration).
- Make recommendations concerning key infrastructure (data management and computer systems support.
- Conduct data analysis, prepare reports and assist with manuscript writing.
- Develop novel biostatistics and bioinformatics methods.
- Review proposals for clinical cancer-related studies within the context of the clinical trials review committee.
Collaborations within Winship and in the larger university community are supported by collaborative grants or fee for service.
- Director, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Shared Resource
- Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
Dr. Jeanne Kowalski is Director, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics shared resource for the Winship Cancer Institute at Emory University.
Felicia West, Program Coordinator
Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
1365-B Clifton Rd., Suite B4100, Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 778-2249
Fax: (404) 778-5016
Please acknowledge the Core Facility in all publications as follows:
Research reported in this publication was supported in part by the Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Shared Resource of Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University and NIH/NCI under award number P30CA138292. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.