IVIS Spectrum: pre-clinical optical imaging system
The IVIS® Spectrum Series imaging system is PerkinElmer’s leading pre-clinical optical imaging system combining high throughput and full tomographic optical imaging in one. The platform harnesses a novel patented optical imaging technology to facilitate non-invasive longitudinal monitoring of disease progression, cell trafficking and gene expression patterns in living animals. The combination of exquisitely sensitive bioluminescence detection and fluorescence tunability combined with near infrared (NIR) optimized illumination offers the industry’s most proficient system to detect small sources deep in the animal.
- Full-service colony management, genotyping and database updates
- In vivo optical bioluminescent and fluorescent imaging
- Delivery of therapeutics to experimental animals (ip, iv, oral gavage, dietary)
- Monitoring and analysis for tumor development including weekly body weight measurements, tumor burden scoring and general health status monitoring
- Complete necropsy and tissue collection for histology (OCT, formalin fixed), as well as biochemical analysis (RNA, DNA, whole tissue)
- Surgical cranial window placement
- Subcutaneous and orthotopic xenograft procedures
- Establishment of syngeneic mouse models
- In vivo delivery of viral-Cre (intranasal, intratracheal, or custom design)
- Assistance with IACUC applications and protocol writing
The Emory University School of Medicine is adopting the PPMS core management system to allow investigators to access core services, while streamlining administration and billing. We now use the PPMS for managing all Cancer Animal Models services. For new service requests, please log in to PPMS and submit your project.
- Director, Cancer Animal Models Shared Resource
- Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
Dr. Gilbert-Ross is Director of the Cancer Animal Models Shared Resource, which assists Winship Cancer Institute members in the development, characterization and analysis of animal models for cancer research.
1365B Clifton Road, Suite 3200
Atlanta, GA 30322
Please acknowledge the Core Facility in all publications as follows:
Research reported in this publication was supported in part by the Cancer Animal Models Shared Resource, a core supported by the Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University.