Winship has the subspecialized, multidisciplinary teams to improve cancer care with individualized treatment plans to meet each patient’s specific needs. Our appointment center representatives can help you and your patients with the following:
- Find the right physician for referral
- Locate a Winship clinic and center for disease-specific programs
- Plan your patient's first visit
- Discuss financial coverage
- Obtain patient and family resource information
- Discover open clinical trials
- Learn about nurse navigation, support groups, spiritual health and survivorship
Winship experts are also available for a second opinion.
Additional physician referral numbers
The following programs provide additional telephone numbers for physician referrals:
- Breast cancer program: (404) 778-PINK
- Gastrointestinal (GI) cancer program: (404) 778-0032
- Head and neck cancer program: (404) 778-0278
- Malignant hematology: (404) 778-0519
- Melanoma program: (404) 778-0680
- Radiation oncology: (404) 778-3473
- Surgical oncology: (404) 778-3307
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplant: (404) 778-0519
Items to Provide with Your Referral
When referring a patient you may be asked to provide the following:
- Pathology reports: Tissue, bone marrow biopsy
- Lab reports
- X-ray and scan reports
- History and Physical
- Office notes
- Treatment records: chemotherapy, radiation, etc.
- Operative reports
- Hospital discharge summaries
- Copy of your patient's insurance card, front and back
Fax items above with cover sheet to (404) 778-1251.
Refer a Patient for Proton Therapy
Referring physicians with questions about proton therapy and its appropriateness for their patient's individual cancers can schedule a consultation with a Winship radiation oncology expert by calling 1-833-3PROTON (1-833-377-6866).