The information on the site is presented for the sole purpose of disseminating health information for general educational purposes only. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be, and...
- You understand and agree that the information does not constitute the provision or practice of medical, nursing, or professional health care advice or services.
- You understand and agree that the information contained on this site is not intended nor implied to be, and you will not use it as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider prior to starting any treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Nothing contained on this site is intended to be or will be used by you for medical diagnosis or treatment.
- You understand that you should never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking treatment based on the information contained on this site. You understand and agree that the service and any content or information contained on the site is provided on an "as is" basis.
- You understand that while efforts have been made to assure the accuracy of the information on this site, there is no guarantee that such information is accurate or up-to-date.
- You understand and agree that, except for information, products, or services clearly identified as being supplied by the site, the site does not operate, control, or endorse any information, products, or services on the internet, in any way.
All pages within this site and any material made available therefrom are the property of Emory University and/or its affiliates. The site and portions of the site are protected by federal and international copyright and trademark laws. You may not modify or alter the material(s) on this site. You shall keep intact all proprietary notices, including copyright notices, contained on any materials.
Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University is committed to respecting your privacy. We do not collect personally identifiable information (i.e., name, address or phone number) from users except as provided on the secure patient referral pages. We do collect the IP addresses of all users. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and allows computers and servers to recognize and communicate with one another. We collect IP addresses so that we can gather aggregate information about how our site is being used. Winship may disclose such aggregate information to sponsors and third parties, but will in no way personally identify any user to a third party. We also use "cookies" to track traffic on the site and user preferences. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that websites generally store on your computer's hard drive when you visit them. Collecting this information, however, does not allow us to personally identify you.
If you have questions or comments concerning our policy, please send an email.
Advertising PolicyThe Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University website does not receive funding from advertising or contain any advertising.
All information and materials (including graphics, animations and web site design) on the Winship Cancer Institute site are copyrighted by and the exclusive property of Emory University or one of its affiliates. You may use and distribute the Winship materials for personal or educational, noncommercial purposes only, provided you include all copyright notices contained on the site and the URL for the Winship site (winshipcancer.emory.edu). Any other use of the materials on the Winship site is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission and the permission of the applicable rights holder(s).