About the Program
The internship is aligned with two other similar programs available at Emory University, the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience in Emory College and the Summer Opportunity for Academic Research program in Laney Graduate School.
Program fellows have an opportunity to enhance their professional network through interactions with participants in these peer programs.
Aspects of our program include:
- Weekly seminar series focused on cancer research education and career development
- Individual training in the research labs with our highly qualified mentors
- Cancer research lectures from Winship investigators
- Sessions with graduate students from the cancer biology and MD/PhD graduate programs
- Weekly progress sessions with the program director
- Invitation to attend Elkin lecture presentation at the end of the program
At the end of the program, program fellows present their work as part of a poster symposium.
The application period for Summer 2021 is now closed.