Innovative proposals that address prostate cancer research including but not limited to basic or translational research, investigator initiated clinical trials (related IRB submission must be either in review or approved), health disparities, imaging, survivorship or quality of life will be considered for funding. Proposals from Winship members at institutions outside of Emory are highly encouraged.
The Winship prostate cancer pilot grant opportunity is designed to enhance the development of a robust prostate cancer research program at Winship. It is expected that the submitted proposal will lead to the submission of extramural grant proposals seeking peer-reviewed funding from the National Institutes of Health, American Cancer Society, Veteran’s Administration, Department of Defense, Prostate Cancer Foundation, Movember Foundation, or other federal, state, public or private agencies. Collaboration between separate departments/operating units of Winship Cancer Institute and/or the broader Woodruff Health Sciences Center is strongly encouraged and will be prioritized as a proposal review criterion.
- PI's should hold a faculty appointment at the rank of senior associate, instructor, assistant professor, associate professor or professor.
- At time of funding, PI’s must be an active Winship Member in good standing or have applied for Winship Membership.
Proposals for up to $50,000/year for a term of one year will be considered. Funding will be distributed (minus a 10% assessment) in two installments: one-half of the total award prior to the award start date, and the remainder subsequent to presentation of the project at the monthly Prostate Cancer Seminar Series, and submission of a progress report before the mid-term of the project period. A final report is due at the conclusion of the award (to be completed by one year) and should address whether the original aims of the pilot project have been met and offer the likelihood of project expansion into further prostate cancer research.
- RFP Launch Date: Monday, February 1, 2021
- Application Receipt Date: Monday, March 15, 2021
- Anticipated Start Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Progress Report Receipt Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2021
- Pilot Project End Date (funding termination): Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Completed applications should be submitted no later than 5:00pm on Monday, March 15, 2021. Please direct any questions you have regarding this funding opportunity to Dana Ray at (404) 778-5137 or via e-mail.