Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University has the subspecialized, multidisciplinary teams to improve cancer care with an individualized treatment plan to meet each patient’s specific needs. Appointment center representatives can help you and your patients with the following:
- Find the right physician for referral
- Locate a Winship clinic and center for disease-specific programs
- Plan your patient's first visit
- Discuss financial coverage
- Obtain patient and family resource information
- Discover open clinical trials
- Learn about nurse navigation, support groups, spiritual health and survivorship
Additional physician referral numbers
The following specialties provide additional telephone numbers for physician referrals:
Items to Provide with Your Referral
When referring a patient you may be asked to provide the following:
- Pathology reports: Tissue, bone marrow biopsy
- Lab reports
- X-ray and scan reports
- History and Physical
- Office notes
- Treatment records: chemotherapy, radiation, etc.
- Operative reports
- Hospital discharge summaries
- Copy of your patient's insurance card, front and back
Fax items above with cover sheet to (404) 778-1251.
Refer a Patient for Proton Therapy
Referring physicians with questions about proton therapy and its appropriateness for their patient's individual cancers can schedule a consultation with a Winship radiation oncology expert by calling 1-833-3PROTON (1-833-377-6866).